As time allows, we write-up our opinions on ecommerce/IT in papers, varying from a few paragraphs to several chapters.
Until recently, we simply used them to stimulate internal discussion and thinking. One such discussion, however, caused us to consider the benefits of direct web `publishing':
- Sharper focus, by potential public embarrassment.
- Timeliness, by public deadlines/references.
- Demonstrate our use of the transparency and `connectedness' afforded by new media technologies.
- Demonstrate our intellectual capabilities, especially our distance from the mundane `me-too-ism' which passes for strategic analysis in IT.
- Introduce a few original ideas into such analyses.
We thought that made sense, so we decided to go ahead. To avoid confusion, we have attempted to separate the following opinion pieces from the case studies and technical analyses elsewhere on the site. So, here are our opinions, most recent first: